Customer Service Engineer – SCIA Engineer
If you are passionate about tall bridges or high buildings and thinking how it can stand, you’ll feel at home at SCIA. Everyone in the team shares the same passion. We stimulate your urge to work things out, keep discovering and innovating. Our teams are driven by making SCIA even more successful and more importantly are having fun doing so, because of the creative environment with lots of learning opportunities and trainings.
As a Customer Service Engineer, you will assist our customers with their technical problems and give presentations and demonstrations about our design software SCIA Engineer mostly in the Benelux, but we are active all over Europe. This means you will travel frequently for work.
You will become an expert of our software while providing services to customers through trainings, demo’s and after sales support. You’ll join a motivated and dynamic team and become part of SCIA with its open culture and great work environment.
- Help our customers with technical support by phone and e-mail
- Learn more about the theoretical calculations in practice
- Give trainings for small and big groups in different countries
- Help the sales team with demonstrations about the program for new customers
- Consultancy for our customers about all theoretical and practical calculations
- Increase the quality of the software by reporting your quality tests towards development
What you’ll do
- Contact our international customers about their questions and remarks
- Search for a solution for all kinds of questions for customers
- Perform hand calculations to proof the correctness of the calculations
- In house or at customer site
- Basic, detailed and theoretical trainings about calculating reinforcement, performing a steel code check, …
- Custom made trainings
- At events about the new features, improvements, …
- Demo’s for sales
- Webinars about special features within SCIA Engineer
- Consultancy for our customers about all kinds of calculations
- Travel frequently to The Netherlands and Luxemburg
- Travel occasionally to the rest of Europe + world
- Give trainings in Dutch, English, French.
- Assist development by transferring customer demands, bugs and make some suggestions about new features
- Perform quality tests to assure the correctness of the software
- You have a master’s degree in construction engineering
- Communicative with sufficient oral and writing skills in Dutch, English and French, we do provide additional language training if necessary
- Spontaneously, friendly, customer oriented
- Experience in calculation of constructions is a plus
- You like to explain things and giving a presentation gives you a thrill
- You would like to travel frequently
What we offer
- Become part of an ambitious and fun team within a growing and international organization. You will travel frequently for work to meet our customers
- We encourage our employees to develop themselves through a wide range of training and development opportunities. So don’t feel discouraged if you don’t have a lot of experience yet
- We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together and encourages an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. An attractive salary with extra-legal benefits (meal vouchers, health insurance, group insurance) and a company car
- You’ll work in an easy to reach office building in Herk-de-stad, with a vibrant work atmosphere and colleagues from all over the world
Want to visit SCIA and come to meet us in person? Get in touch so we can have a chat over a nice cup of coffee.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with your motivation for this function.