Functional Analyst/Structural Engineer - Prague, Brno
We are looking for a new enthusiastic colleague to enforce our team that is responsible for developing applications to improve the collaboration between structural modelers and engineers. One of our brand new product is the SCIA AutoConverter. A unique web application for conversion of BIM models into structural analysis models and streamlining the collaboration between modelers and engineers. Your role we be functional analyst: preparing user stories in contact with users, follow up the implementation of these user stories with development, testing the development, creation of documentation and assisting in marketing material. You are an important link between the product owner (setting priorities and scope) and the development. You will also be closely involved in defining a new exchange format for structural analysis models.
What will you be doing?
- Preparing the user stories for new development
- Maintain the quality of existing functionality during the life cycle of the product
- Explaining and assisting development with implementing new user stories
- Testing the finished development
- Creation and maintenance of internal and external documentation
- Assisting marketing with necessary material
- Be in close contact with end-users (customers) to understand their needs
- Proposal for the implementation of requirements from major customers
- Analysis of bugs reported by customers, support in solving user questions and projects
- Presenting the product internal or external when needed
Hard & Job Specific Skills
- Structural engineering background
- Good communicator
- Representative and able to present for an audience.
- Fluent in English
- Open-minded and affinity with software. Easily learning new tools and interested in what is going on now and in future.
- Focus on the job where results are key and if needed will do the extra mile.
- Knowledge of SCIA Engineer or other structural analysis software
- Experience with CAD (BIM) tools is an advantage
- Analytical skills: can add structure and abstraction, breakdown complex requirements and designs into modular elements, effective impact analysis of changes onto other parts of the design.
- Judgement: understand the complexity of requested changes. Ability to judge the impact of your actions.
- Creativity: Complex approach to product requirements. Be able to split/divide user stories and/or requirements based on functional scope and architecture impact.
- Accuracy: your designs accurately implement the requirements, respecting design and coding guidelines. You are clear and structured in your communications. Your status updates on your work are accurate.
- Teamwork: reliable team worker who can develop effective collaborations with peer software engineers, Software Team Leads, PO and other people and groups within SCIA. Positive, motivating and respectful approach to colleagues.
- Results-oriented: can deliver on the commitments given by yourself and your team including development and release milestones, scope and priorities, quality as well as personal, team and development objectives.
What we offer
- A multicultural environment with lots of energy, drive and open communication.
- Being part of an international company with premium product positioning and part of the Europe’s number 1 construction software group, the Nemetschek Group
- Home office
- Package of extra-legal benefits, next to an attractive base salary
- Personal development plan for personal growth and a successful career path
- You can join us in our office in Prague or Brno
You can find out more about the organization at our website or get in touch with our Human Resources Department via Dagmar Králová, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.