Lead Technology Architect
The lead technology architect position provides a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial technology architect to focus on emerging and potentially disruptive technologies and find opportunities to architect and shape SCIA’s next generation product offering in anticipation of the future demand from our pioneering customers.
In addition, you leverage your know-how and expertise throughout the current product development organization to mature our software architecture design capabilities and to drive forward the technology roadmap and software architecture of our existing product.
You will be the right hand to the CTO. We expect you to be an experienced and hands-on software architect, creative and with a strong interest in technology. You have broad skills and experience in various software development projects, technologies (web, mobile, cloud, data) and services. You are capable of shaping and delivering innovative technology solutions of heterogeneous components.
Main areas of responsibilities
1. Take ownership and drive the technology roadmap and software architecture for our existing product
- Define, plan and implement, in collaboration with the architecture board, the technology roadmap, in support of SCIA’s business drivers and objectives.
- Provide quality assurance and control on the effectiveness and implementation of the technology roadmap and development framework for our existing product.
- Contribute to the solution design of product development and technology projects.
- Coach and support (e.g., through pair programming and design/code review) software engineers in the proper implementation of the desired software architecture through regular product development projects.
2. Develop design thinking and software design practices
- Coach architects and software engineers in the application of best practices of software design.
- Establish and implement the design and coding guidelines used within product development.
- Actively organize and participate in the internal training and knowledge sharing events within the software engineering community to promote design thinking & practices within product development.
3. Drive technological innovation to serve customer convenience and business growth
- Explore, clarify and demonstrate the opportunities of technological innovations for SCIA’s customers of tomorrow.
- Setup and lead small R&D projects.
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement events and innovation.
4. Connect to external innovators
- Connect to universities, international research institutes, start-ups and corporates garages/labs to inject ideas and R&D projects into SCIA.
- Collaborate with universities to setup and/or coordinate thesis work and other projects with students/researchers.
- Create and maintain a network with external innovators and leverage this network towards SCIA to nurture radical innovation.
Your experience and know-how
- At least 6 years of experience in architecting, designing, implementing software architectures and applications
- Experience in common architecture frameworks and services, including those available from Open Source communities
- Knowledge of latest and emerging technologies
- Hands-on experience with Lean Start-Up thinking and practices
- Outstanding analytical, design and problem-solving skills
- Resource investigator: Good networker, Inquisitive
- Good judgement
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel within Europe
- Master degree in computer science or engineering
What we offer
- Be part of an international company with product leadership in Europe and a strong financial backing of our parent company Nemetschek.
- Package of extralegal benefits next to attractive base salary
- Relevant yearly bonus linked to achievement of personal goals and results of the company
- Personal development plan supported offering possibilities for personal growth and a successful career path.
Please use the form below to send us your resume or contact Mr. Dirk Van Mechelen, email@example.com for more information.