Senior Project Manager
SCIA is urgently looking for an experienced project manager to take the lead and drive to successful completion of its strategic project involving the GUI redesign of our core product (SCIA Engineer). This business-critical project aims at a superior user experience and it includes all typical characteristics of an innovative UX/UI design and software development project.
Besides a solid project management experience with a successful track record in UX software innovation and development projects, SCIA is looking for candidates who excel at establishing a smooth collaboration among a diverse team including creative UX designers, technical architect, rigorous software developers and product manager. The candidate is at ease in managing uncertainty while delivering on time-critical milestones and satisfying the information needs towards different stakeholders.
Location: Belgium (Herk-de-Stad)
Scope of the role
You will take up the project manager role of this ongoing strategic project, leading a self-sufficient, dedicated and distributed team of 10-12 members with a time-critical delivery date of May 2020. You will report directly to a project board consisting of member of SCIA’s executive team.
Project planning, execution and controlling
- Establish a project approach and milestone planning with buy-in from all stakeholders;
- Adopt an agile software development practice to manage uncertainty while delivering on the project milestones;
- Setup an effective scope control and prioritization mechanism to maximize business value within a fixed time.
- Build a high performing and collaborative team
- Connect to each team member to drive motivation and engagement
- Ensure clarity to each team member about his/her role, responsibilities and work to be done at any time throughout the project
- Drive decision-making within the team
Risk and issue management
- Discover and keep track of all project issues and risks and ensure appropriate measures and action are taken;
- Follow-through on risk responses and issue resolution actions within and outside of the team;
- Assess project issues and risk and escalate, if needed.
- Lead the regular project board meetings to provide transparency on project progress and risks. Drive decision-making.
- Identify the need for any depending work or projects outside your team to be able to deliver on the business objectives; Work through the project board to initiate these projects and follow-up.
- Build on the existing stakeholder analysis to fulfill the information needs and extend as needed.
- At least 8 years of project management experience in business applications software development
- Successful track record in leading UX innovation and software development projects
- Experience with strategic projects within SMEs
- Familiar with project management industry standards
- Familiar with agile development using Kanban
- Familiar with design thinking and lean start-up
- Cross-functional team building with distributed members
- People-oriented and results-driven leadership style
- Excellent communicator
- Comfortable in working with an executive team
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Certified project management professional
What we offer
- A multicultural environment with lots of energy, drive and open communication
- Being part of an international company with premium product positioning and part of the Europe’s number 1 construction software group, the Nemetschek Group
- Home office opportunity
- Package of extra-legal benefits, company car, next to an attractive base salary
- Bonus linked to achievement of personal goals and results of the company
Want to know more about SCIA or about this position? Get in touch with Ina Wouters (email@example.com) for a cup of coffee at our office in Herk-de-Stad.