Software Development Director (Brno / Prague)
The software development director provides hands-on leadership towards software engineering excellence within lean & agile development operations and drives forward technological innovation in SCIA’s product and service offerings.
- Lead and manage the software development teams to deliver product innovations following our product roadmap and consistent with our lean & agile processes.
- Promote an attitude and pursue a practice of (technology and process) innovation, continuous improvements, learning and knowledge sharing.
- Continuously improve and champion software engineering excellence (in analyze, design, develop, test, and deploy), premium quality, technology standards and best practices across all teams.
- Improve and maintain mechanisms to monitor, manage and increase the development and maintenance productivity and efficiency (KPIs).
- Research the external environment and where appropriate identify and recommend external parties for the delivery of best in class technologies suitable for SCIA’s product(s) or to (temporally) extend SCIA’s development capacity and capabilities.
- Ensure that the skills and know-how within Development are in line with needs for providing quality in present and future software engineering services.
- Maintain effective internal communications within Development as well as towards the Management Team and across the organization.
- Effective budgeting, planning, and monitoring of the costs within Development.
- Be a role model in acting consistent with SCIA’s company values and provide support to your team members in keeping with these values.
- You have a solid education within Computer Science, combined with more than 6 years of full stack software engineering experience and 5+ years in a relevant management position.
- Your inquisitive mind and interest in software technologies has allowed you to gain a broad and hands-on experience in different programming languages (.NET, C++, ...), software architecture patterns, application integration technologies (API, Cloud computing, …) as well as some exposure to emerging technologies like AI, Machine Learning, or Data Science.
- You have a convincing “can do” attitude combined with a caring sensitivity to guide your team through change and to deliver business results.
- Your ability to listen, to clearly communicate (in English) and to lead, allows you to connect with and to unify distributed teams, in different countries and to build alliances across different departments within the organisation.
- Excellent people manager: the ability to harness the (remote) team to produce the highest quality deliverables with the greatest velocity, manage and mentor team members and make them successful.
What we offer
- The chance to work for a company that has built decades of expertise in developing state-of-the-art engineering software that are used by major construction companies all over the world.
- A multicultural environment with lots of energy, drive and open communication.
- Home office opportunity.
- Significant yearly bonus linked to achievement of personal goals and results of the company.
- Personal development plan for personal growth and a successful career path.
- SCIA offers a motivating and attractive remuneration package and benefits in line with your level of experience and seniority.
Want to know more about SCIA or about this position? Get in touch with Dagmar Králová - email@example.com.