Nemetschek Scia Releases Scia Engineer 2013 - Reporting Engineering Competence
Brussels, 12 June 2013.
Nemetschek Scia announced today the release of Scia Engineer 2013.
This latest version of Scia Engineer continues the company’s commitment to integrate cutting-edge technologies into their 3D structural design software.
In addition to a number of productivity and interface improvements, Scia Engineer 2013 introduces an innovative Engineering Report which simplifies the creation of professional calculation reports, launches a ground-breaking Open Design Check technology allowing engineers to easily write customized checks that can run as standalone or as linked to Scia Engineer, and significantly improves its seismic analysis capabilities.
Scia Engineer 2013 offers an innovative Engineering Report, which allows engineers to easily layout professional reports according to their company standards. Features include:
- Full multi-processing support for higher speed and better utilisation of available memory.
- The ability to copy and paste from any Windows application into the Engineering Report.
- Easy publishing and sharing of Engineering Reports as 3D PDFs, MS Office documents or web formats.
- Clean and modern ribbon-based UI.
- All documents related to a project (project data, calculated results, model images, external images and reports, etc.) are centralized into a single file for easy management.
Open Design Checks and Scia Design Forms
Scia Engineer also introduces the Open Design Check technology. A new standalone application named Scia Design Forms enables engineers to easily write their own calculations. Checks created with Scia Design Forms can be run as standalone, or linked to Scia Engineer. Linked to Scia Engineer, the results obtained in the Design Forms are displayed in the code checking environment, allowing engineers to use the full visualisation capabilities of Scia Engineer.
Additions to Seismic Analysis for Buildings
Scia Engineer 2013 integrates a new Improved Reduced System (IRS) method to its solver, which calculates results up to 10 times faster than before. Output of seismic results has been extended and simplified. For example, in Scia Engineer 2013, all relevant results for seismicity can be easily displayed - from resultant shear forces in walls, to global results for each storey.
Other important enhancements
- Extended bridge combinations + checks according to the Eurocode
- Brazilian NBR concrete code for beams & columns
- Timber check according to EN-1995 for tapered and curved members
- Storey results for static and dynamic analysis
- Enhanced calculation of torsional and shear cross-section characteristics
- Wizard for reinforcement schemes
- Improvements in IFC support, in addition to its IFC 2x3 certification renewal
- Cloud storage directly from within Scia Engineer
- A new version of ECtools with better integration within Scia Engineer
- Visit the release website 2013.scia-engineer.com for the complete release notes.
- Read the What’s new in Scia Engineer 2013 brochure (PDF): http://2013.scia-engineer.com/en/sciaengineer2013-downloads.html
About Scia Engineer
Scia Engineer is a world leader in integrated 3D structural and design software supporting the Open BIM process. For decades, Scia Engineer has been helping engineers leverage innovative structural design technology to maximize the performance of all types of structures, from homes and high-rises to infrastructure, industrial and environmental projects.
About Nemetschek Scia
Established in 1974, Nemetschek Scia has become one of the world’s leading developers of structural design, analysis and fabrication software that supports the Open BIM process. Nemetschek Scia is a fully owned subsidiary of Nemetschek AG - a global leader in software for support of Building Information Modelling (BIM) workflow.
For more information, please contact
Nemetschek Scia NV - Marketing Department
attn Mr Francis Vanderbruggen
3540 Herk-de-Stad (Belgium)
Tel.: (+32) 013 55.17.75
Fax: (+32) 013 55.41.75
Email: [email protected]e.com