Basics of SCIA Engineer (Online)
This fundamentals training is aimed at new users of the software and allows them to acquire, in 2 x half-days, the fundamentals of modelling concrete buildings and steel structures as well as how to read the results of the FE analyses in SCIA Engineer.
After a general introduction, the training is based on practical examples of concrete and steel buildings. The creation of the model, the loading, analysis and extraction of the results will be discussed.
This training is for new users or for users who would like to refresh their basic knowledge.
What knowledge will you obtain?
Our trainer will guide you in modeling frame and plate building in a fast and effective manner. The points discussed during this training are:
- Modelling functions for 1D and 2D members;
- Definition of the behavior of the structure (beams non-linearity, releases, etc.);
- Input of load cases, loads, linear and non-linear combinations;
- Computing and reading the FE results (graphical display and tables);
Day 1 (14:00pm to 17:30pm)
- Introduction to the software and its interface
- Modelling with 1D members (example of a steel structure)
- Modelling with 2D members (example of a concrete building)
Day 2 (14:00pm to 17:30pm)
- Loading (loads and combinations)
- Computing and reading the FE results
The training is provided by an experienced engineer from SCIA's Customer Service Department. In order to ensure interaction between the participants and the trainer, the training is given for a small group up to 10 people.
Each participant will use the software during the training and puts directly into practice the different aspects addressed with individual exercises. At the end of the training, you will have the necessary knowledge for an efficient and autonomous use of the topics covered.