Composite Beam Design in SCIA Engineer (Online) - 0.5 Day
Develop your knowledge of composite beam design in SCIA Engineer and extend your steel building design options. This online training course will give existing steel users the ability to perform composite floor beam design in SCIA Engineer. This training course will teach you how to model, analyse and design composite floor beams (composite metal deck floor slab with steel beams) in the software.
After a general introduction to the Composite service, the training course will be based on a simple steel frame building with composite floors. Training will cover setting up the composite beams, running the ULS and SLS checks, and optimising the composite members.
Competently use SCIA Engineer to design composite floor beams as a part of a steel frame building. Correctly model composite concrete and metal decking with steel beams. Understand the effect of diaphragm action and the modelling options in SCIA Engineer. Completion will give attendees an excellent understanding of modelling, analysing, and optimising composite floor beams according to Eurocode 4 (EN 1994-1-1). General steel design is not covered in this training course.
Who Should Attend?
Existing steel users of the software or past participants of our Steel Building Design in SCIA Engineer training course. It is an excellent course for existing steel designers who want to incorporate composite floor beams into their steel models.
- Ability to autonomously create, analyse and design 3D steel structures using SCIA Engineer
- Basic understanding of composite floor beam theory
- Installation of the latest SCIA Engineer release (click here to download the latest SCIA Engineer release)
- Licence for SCIA Engineer Professional Edition or higher (or where the composite beam design module has been purchased separately).
- A training licence can be provided with prior arrangement (min 1 working day notice required)
- A stable internet connection
What Knowledge Will You Gain?
Our trainer will teach you how to model, analyse and design composite floor beams in SCIA Engineer. The points discussed during this training are:
- Modelling methods for composite floors beams
- Understanding the key parameters that affect the composite analysis
- Recognising the effect that composite floors have on the global model analysis
- Explanation of the load cases for the construction and final stages
- Performing the ULS and SLS checks according to Eurocode 4 (EN 1994-1-1)
- Composite member optimisation tools
All below times are stated in Central European Time (CET). Remember to adjust for your local time zone.
Day 1 (14:00 TO 17:30 CET)
- Modelling options for composite floor beams
- Specific composite design settings
- Setting up composite and non-composite analysis
- ULS and SLS checks
- Optimisation tools
- The training course is presented live by an experienced engineer from SCIA's Customer Connection Team.
- Training is interactive; each participant will use the software. Throughout the course, you will be encouraged to attempt exercises to consolidate your learning, allowing time to ask questions.
- This course will be restricted to small groups of 10 people to maintain the best quality and allow interaction between the trainer and participants.
- Your place is not confirmed until a contract is signed or payment received
- Certificates provided after attending the entire training course.