Finite Element Method in SCIA Engineer (Online) - 0.5 Day
Create better quality analysis models in SCIA Engineer. Develop an understanding of the finite element method (FEM) and practically apply it to structural engineering problems. Review your structural design with confidence by correctly assessing the finite element analysis (FEA) results. Learn how to interpret peak results and understand the cause of singularities.
The course will be based on simple examples to focus on the FEM application and assessment of the FEA results. Training will cover mesh generation and optimisation, interpreting the FEA results, handling peak results and singularities, and understanding the subtle but significant effect of eccentricities.
Optimal and practical use of FEM in SCIA Engineer. Understand the background FEM calculation and have confidence in your FEA results. Completion will give attendees a good understanding of their FEA results and FEM best practices.
Who Should Attend?
Existing users or past attendees of our SCIA Engineer Fundamentals training course. It is an excellent course for users who want optimal FEA results while efficiently applying the FEM solution.
- Ability to independently create basic models in SCIA Engineer and perform the analysis
- Basic understanding of structural engineering principles and material behaviour
- Installation of the latest SCIA Engineer release (click here to download the latest SCIA Engineer 21)
- Licence for SCIA Engineer Concept Edition or higher
- A training licence can be provided with prior arrangement (min 1 working day notice required)
- A stable internet connection
What Knowledge Will You Gain?
Our trainer will teach you how to assess and review the FEA results correctly. The points discussed during this training course are:
- Understanding the finite element mesh generation
- Creating mesh refinement and understanding their application
- Understanding the solver setup
- Interpreting results on 2D members
- Explaining the cause of singularities
- Dealing with peak results using the inbuilt tools
- Input parameters for ribbed floor slabs
- Understanding the interaction between linked 1D and 2D members
- Explaining the effect of different eccentricities
All below times are stated in Central European Time (CET). Remember to adjust for your local time zone.
Day 1 (10:00 to 13:30 CET)
- Mesh generation, assessment, and refinement
- Interpreting results and working with peak results and singularities
- Understanding the effect of connecting members
- The training course is presented live by an experienced engineer from SCIA's Customer Connection Team.
- Training is interactive; each participant will use the software. Throughout the course, you will be encouraged to attempt exercises to consolidate your learning, allowing time to ask questions.
- This course will be restricted to small groups of 10 people to maintain the best quality and allow interaction between the trainer and participants.
- Your place is not confirmed until a contract is signed or payment received
- Certificates provided after attending the entire training course