Reinforced Concrete Building Design in SCIA Engineer (Online) - 1 Day
Develop your knowledge of reinforced concrete (RC) design in SCIA Engineer and increase your productivity. This online training course will give existing users the confidence to perform everyday RC design tasks in SCIA Engineer. You will learn how to analyse and design typical RC structures using the software.
After a general introduction to the Concrete service, the training course will be based on a simple cast-in-situ RC building. Training will cover setting up the model for RC design, designing the concrete members, and optimising the reinforcement. Understanding the finite element (FE) results and optimising the FE mesh is a significant part of this training course.
Efficient and autonomous use of SCIA Engineer for typical RC building design. Correctly create concrete members, understand the various analysis options, and confidently utilise the RC design tools. Completion will give attendees the ability to deal with typical RC design tasks according to Eurocode 2 (EN 1992-1-1).
Who should attend?
Existing users of the software or past participants of our SCIA Engineer Fundamentals training course. It is an excellent course for existing users that want to use SCIA Engineer to design RC buildings or members.
- Familiar with in-situ RC structure design theory
- Confidently able to create basic 3D concrete models and review results using SCIA Engineer
- Installation of the latest SCIA Engineer release (click here to download the latest SCIA Engineer 21)
- Licence for SCIA Engineer Concept Edition or higher
- A training licence can be provided with prior arrangement (min 1 working day notice required)
- A stable internet connection
What knowledge will you gain?
Our trainer will teach you how to use SCIA Engineer to design a typical RC building according to Eurocode 2 (EN 1992-1-1). The points discussed during this training are:
- Modelling options to represent common concrete building analysis assumptions (e.g. shear walls or axial force only members)
- Analysis methods for transfer beams in linear analysis
- Optimising the FE mesh
- Interpreting results using the inbuilt result tools
- Explanation of the essential concrete design functions in SCIA Engineer
- Correctly setting up concrete building models
- Reinforcement design tools for beams, ribs and columns
- Reinforcement design tools for slabs and walls
- SLS checks and Code Dependent Deflection (CDD)
All below times are stated in Central European Time (CET). Remember to adjust for your local time zone.
Day 1 (14:00 to 17:30 CET)
- Specific modelling options for concrete buildings analysis
- Interpreting results and optimising the FE mesh
- Introduction to the Concrete service
Day 2 (14:00 to 17:30 CET)
- Reinforcement design for 2D members (slabs and walls)
- Reinforcement design for 1D members (beams, ribs and columns)
- SLS, detailing and CDD checks
- The training course is presented live by an experienced engineer from SCIA's Customer Connection Team.
- Training is interactive; each participant will use the software. Throughout the course, you will be encouraged to attempt exercises to consolidate your learning, allowing time to ask questions.
- This course will be restricted to small groups of 10 people to maintain the best quality and allow interaction between the trainer and participants.
- Your place is not confirmed until a contract is signed or payment received
- Certificates provided after attending the entire training course.