SCIA Engineer - Foundations (1/2 day)
Advanced training - Foundations
During this half-day course, you will learn to apply the principles and usage of subsoil and foundations in SCIA Engineer on the basis of practical examples. Both new and experienced users will get answers to questions such as:
- what is the actual meaning of the parameters for a subsoil?
- how to model a foundation block?
- what is the importance and definition of a geological profile?
- how to define a borehole?
- which checks need to be performed for the foundations?
What knowledge will you obtain?
As a user, you acquire insight into these applications thanks to clear and step-by-step manipulations of all of the discussed features. At the end of the course, you’ve build up enough knowledge and confidence to:
- easily and correctly model a foundation block, perform and interpret the necessary code checks (Eurocode 7)
- introduce the characteristics of a classic subsoil and a model with coupled non-linear springs
- determine the soil characteristics with extra precision by the means of an iterative method in which the interaction between the structure and the subsoil in taken into account on the basis of a settlement calculation (the Soilin approximation)
- efficiently simulate a ground and water pressure on the basis of geologic profiles and boreholes
- explanation of the different subsoil parameters
- the elimination of tension stresses in the subsoil (non-linear calculation)
Geological profiles and boreholes
- explanation on creating soil profiles
- backgrounds for generating soil pressure by a geological profile
- theoretical approach to the calculation of subsoil parameters
- comparison between the classical calculation and the advanced application of the Soilin module
- practical explanation of the used model
- create and insert different types of foundation blocks
- perform the needed checks
The training is provided by an experienced engineer from the Customer Service Department of SCIA. To guarantee the interaction between the participants and the trainer, the course is given for a small group of up to 8 people.
Each participant will use the software and will put the different topics of the course immediately into practice, under the supervision of the trainer. At the end of the training you will have the necessary knowledge to use the parts discussed in an autonomous and efficient way.
At the beginning of the training, each participant will receive a syllabus. This includes a detailed explanation of the different functionalities and treated examples.
After the training, the companies who do not have the ability to use all the features discussed in the license of the software, will have the opportunity to request a free try-out license which is valid for 30 days.
A basic knowledge of the principles of SCIA Engineer is recommended.
Each participant will receive an official “SCIA Engineer - Foundations” certificate at the end of the training, signed by the trainer.
Disclaimer: The content of the training may be modified without notification (11/2015).