Steel Design in SCIA Engineer (Online)
Steel Design in SCIA Engineer (Online training) (2 x 1/2 days)
This steel training is aimed at advanced users of the software and allows to acquire, in 2x half-days, the knowledge required to analyze steel structures and performing the Eurocode steel code check in SCIA Engineer.
The training will be based on a typical example of steel hall. The model will be sent to participants before the training so that they can follow with the trainer.
This training is for new users or for users who would like to refresh their knowledge.
What knowledge will you obtain?
Our trainer will show you with all the steps necessary to perform the steel design and checks in a fast and accurate way, according to the Eurocode. The points discussed during this training are:
- Explication of the steel menu of SCIA Engineer;
- Correctly setting up the steel configuration parameters;
- How are buckling lengths calculated and how can they be modified ? ;
- Performing ULS and SLS steel code checks ;
- How to perform a stability calculation in SCIA Engineer;
- How to perform 2nd order analyses in SCIA Engineer;
Day 1 (14:00pm to 17:30pm)
- Introduction to the steel menu
- Steel configuration setup
- Cross-sections and classification
- Buckling lengths and buckling settings
Day 2 (14:00pm to 17:30pm)
- ULS and SLS checks in SCIA Engineer
- Stability calculation in SCIA Engineer
- 2nd order analysis
The training is provided by an experienced engineer from SCIA's Customer Service Department. In order to ensure interaction between the participants and the trainer, the training is given for a small group up to 10 people.
Each participant will use the software during the training and puts directly into practice the different aspects addressed with individual exercises. At the end of the training, you will have the necessary knowledge for an efficient and autonomous use of the topics covered.