Established in 1928 as a subsidiary of Amsterdamse Ballast Maatschappij, Hollandia has been active in many market segments of the steel industry.
After the acquisition of Bailey in 2001, Hollandia merged with Zuid Nederlandse Staalbouw (ZNS), which was established in 1948 and active in industrial, high-rise and petrochemical construction. Next, Grimbergen and the production staff of Kalmar joined the group of independently operating companies.
In 2005, Hollandia’s associate companies came together under a single roof at the former Van der Giessen - De Noord site at Krimpen aan den IJssel.
In 2008, Hollandia and ZNS fully integrated to form Hollandia, with its head office at Krimpen aan den IJssel, with a branch office at Heijningen, the Netherlands.
With its workforce of around 700, Hollandia plans to meet the challenges of steel in the 21st century as a solid, authoritative company.