This module allows simulation of moving loads along a specified path on 2D members. Train loads are suitable for the modelling of complex loads on structures such as:
traffic on road- and rail-bridges, viaducts, etc.
crowd movement on pedestrian bridges and floor slabs.
- Passing of predefined groups of forces (representing a traffic load pattern) along a track is simulated by a series of load cases. Each load case corresponds to one position of the load on the track;
- The number of considered positions depends on a user-defined step size;
- The loaded slabs may be flat or curved.
Traffic load patterns
- Traffic load patterns may consist of concentrated and/or uniformly distributed loads;
- Traffic load patterns can be shared among projects, being library elements;
- Predefined traffic load patterns according to EN 1991-2, SETRA and French FASCICULE61 standards are provided.
- User manually defines the track along which the traffic load pattern will move;
- Tracks can be updated and do not need to be redefined after changes in the model geometry - changed node coordinates, cross-sections, etc.