Scaffolding in SCIA Engineer (online)
Scaffolding in SCIA Engineer (online training) (2 x 1/2 day)This one-day course (spread over two half days) focuses on the backgrounds and advanced applications for scaffolding calculations according to EN12810-1 and EN12811-1. The course participant learns how to use SCIA Engineer for scaffolds and couplers based on practical examples. This training is geared to advanced users. o
This one-day course (spread over two half days) focuses on the backgrounds and advanced applications for scaffolding calculations according to EN12810-1 and EN12811-1. You will learn how to use SCIA Engineer for scaffolds and couplers based on practical examples. This training is geared to advanced users.
What knowledge will you obtain?
Our trainer will guide you in modeling and designing scaffolds in a fast and effective manner, taking the specific code requirements into account. The participants will gain understanding into:
- modeling of scaffolds constructions in SCIA Engineer
- understanding of how the theoretical requirements of the EN12810-1 and EN12811-1 codes are linked to the practical use of the scaffolding package of SCIA Engineer
- know when and how to perform advanced calculations (general buckling and 2nd order)
- correct and efficient modeling of couplers and interpret the results in the correct way
- modeling of scaffold constructions in SCIA Engineer
- import possibilities (BIM)
- insert scaffolding couplers in a correct way
- create your own scaffolding couplers
- non-linear gap
- non-linear supports and friction supports
- create, save and use user blocks for a fast structure design
Load cases and combinations
- create load cases according to EN12811-1
- input of loads on the model
- principle and usage of load combinations according to EN12811-1
- visualizing the internal forces (normal forces, moments, …) and deformations
Stability calculation (general buckling)
- determination of the critical load coefficients
- calculation of the various global buckling modes
- visualization and interpretation of the results
- use of these results in 2nd order analysis
2nd order analysis
- backgrounds and use when entering global and local imperfections
- general principles of a 2nd order calculation in SCIA Engineer
SLS scaffolding check – EN12811-1
- check of relative deformations according to EN12811-1
ULS scaffolding check – EN12811-1
- extensive scaffolding check according to EN12811-1
- couplers (general couplers and manufacturer couplers) in SCIA Engineer
- coupler check
The training is provided by an experienced engineer from the Customer Service Department of SCIA. To guarantee the interaction between the participants and the trainer, the course is given for a small group of up to 10 people.
Each participant will use the software and will put the different topics of the course immediately into practice. At the end of the training you will have the necessary knowledge to use the parts discussed in an autonomous and efficient way.
After the training, the companies who do not have the ability to use all the features discussed in the license of the software, will have the opportunity to request a free try-out license which is valid for 30 days.