Discover what's new in SCIA Engineer 19.1 – Design Accelerated
SCIA Engineer 19.1 follows in the steps of this year’s major version, SCIA Engineer 19, and brings enhancements and new functionalities in terms of usability, design of multi-storey buildings, checks of steel & aluminium structures and interoperability. This will save time and increase productivity while working on both challenging projects as well as day-to-day tasks.
SCIA Engineer 19.1 will accelerate the delivery of projects thanks to the accelerated design, improved understanding of the structure and extended optimisation through parametric design.
SCIA Engineer 19.1 extends numerous capabilities introduced in version 19 and increases the overall efficiency of structural engineers’ work namely by:
- fast and easy detection of critical places in concrete structures thanks to the optimised workflow with simultaneous design and check for both ultimate and serviceability limit states,
- more precise results of punching shear checks for foundation slabs and column heads,
- accurate definition of Soil-In parameters in seismic analysis,
- design of aluminium structures updated to the latest EN 1999-1-1 + A1 + A2: 2013,
- and other design & check enhancements for concrete, steel and aluminium,
- and much more...
Jaroslav Brož is an experienced member of SCIA Product Management Team. He works as a Product manager and focuses primarily on BIM & interoperability and advance calculations. He is also responsible for the collection of demands and feedback from Czech, Slovak and Austrian markets. Before his career at SCIA, he received PhD degree in structural mechanics at Czech technical university in Prague for his disertation thesis: “Solving large-scale engineering problems on parallel computers”.
Vladimír Příbramský has been with SCIA for 3 years. In his current position of a Product Manager he is responsible for the graphical user interface, finite-element analyses, presentation of results and Engineering Report. Vladimir worked as a structural engineer for a few years after his master’s studies and he is currently co-lecturing at the Czech Technical University. He has also an extensive knowledge of automated software testing and quality assurance.
Watch on YouTube