SCIA Engineer - Composite Design
Designing Composite Slabs with SCIA Engineer.
Composite beam floor systems dominate the steel multi-story building sector, due to their efficiency, and their ability to provide adequate strength and stiffness. Additionally, they take advantage of the inherent benefits of both concrete (strong in compression) and steel (strong in tension). As a result, engineering software must make it easy for users to model, analyze and design composite floor systems while also being able to transfer the data to documentation software like Autodesk Revit. With SCIA Engineer, the entire process is now more efficient and accurate than ever.
- Easily model any composite floor including composite decking, cantilevers, openings, etc.
- Automatically create code required load combinations for all strength and serviceability conditions.
- Execute all required design checks for strength and serviceability (in both construction and final stages), including optimization of member sizes, studs and camber.
- Perform floor vibration checks according to Design Guide #11, 2nd Edition.
- Transfer all composite floor information (studs, camber, deck type, etc.) to Autodesk Revit for inclusion on drawings.
Date: Thursday, January 25, 2018
Time: 2 pm EST / 20:00 CET
Ben Follett is the US Product & Marketing Manager for SCIA Inc., where he helps engineering firms streamline and integrate their 3D engineering workflows. Prior to his work in the software industry, he was a structural associate with Michael Baker International, one of the Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firms.