Webinar: Civil structures taking into account water and subsoil with SCIA Engineer
Both for industrial and “green” purposes, engineers are often required to design civil structures like water treatment facilities, reservoirs, overflow basins, pools, tanks, etc. They all share some key common features like taking into account soil or water loads, depending strongly on the stiffness of the subsoil, and the need to design the reinforcement in sometimes complex situations.
SCIA Engineer provides simple yet powerful tools to handle such effects like the “free loads”, soil-structure interaction analysis and a robust concrete design algorithm for surfaces.
In this upcoming webinar by our Customer Service Engineer Jef Beyens, we will walk you through a complete workflow for a water treatment tank:
- Modelling based on an imported DXF file
- Applying soil and water loads
- Subsoil foundation based on the Winckler or Pasternak models
- Slab reinforcement design and punching check
- Creating documentation with the Engineering Report