Nemetschek Scia Previews the First Centralized BIM Solution for Steel Fabrication
Event at Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel is Open to Fabricators Using SDS/2, Tekla
St. Louis, Mo., USA (April 16, 2013) -- Nemetschek Scia will preview Scia Steel Manager—the first centralized Building Information Modeling (BIM) solution for the steel fabrication industry—beginning today through Thursday, April 18, 2013, at the Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel. This exclusive event is open to fabricators who are using SDS/2 and/or Tekla for steel detailing.
Scia Steel Manager is the first model-based fabrication system for the steel industry. It links engineering and detailing, with project management, material resource planning and production management, into one integrated workflow, eliminating the inefficiencies that come with having to manage projects across the various software used in the steel delivery process.
With Scia Steel Manager, fabricators can seamlessly leverage BIM models and data, from design through erection. It improves decision-making, eliminates redundancies and shortens project schedules by centralizing all design, project and production information in a single integrated system. Now, fabricators can monitor and visualize in 3D the status of any part from order to erection, with a single click.
Scia Steel Manager is designed to allow fabricators to easily plug into today’s larger BIM workflows and become a more proactive member of the design and construct process.
Users of Scia Steel Manager will benefit from:
- Model-based fabrication management linked to SDS/2 and Tekla Structures
- Visualization of the most efficient erection and production sequencing
- Visualization in real time of the design, production, delivery and erection of single or multiple projects running simultaneously
- The ability to automatically create short- to medium-term fabrication plans directly from the SDS/2 and Tekla Structures models
- Simulation of the production process in order to virtually route parts and reallocate resources to eliminate bottlenecks and optimize production
- Identification of problems before they result in delays and problems on the site
- Automatic nesting of parts. Generation of CNC production data, and more accurate costing over time based on data read back from machines
- Quality management tracking (including welds) with full traceability of parts from order to fabrication through erection
- Seamless tracking of parts with bar codes and links with your ERP system for accurate financials
For more information about this event, which takes plan in tangent with NASCC: the Steel Conference, please contact Joe Jun, Structural Engineering Consultant at Nemetschek Scia, via email at email@example.com or telephone at +1 (630) 219-9030.
About Nemetschek Scia
Established in 1974, Nemetschek Scia has become one of the world’s leading developers of structural design, analysis and fabrication software that supports the Open BIM process. Nemetschek Scia is also the author of the structural engineering software Scia Engineer, which is strong in modeling, analysis, detailing including optimization of members and connections conform the latest design codes.
Nemetschek Scia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nemetschek AG -- a global leader in software that supports the Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflow. Nemetschek Scia is part of the Nemetschek Structural Group.