SCIA Engineer 16.1 further strengthens the solid foundation for structural design laid in version 16
Continuous and dedicated development expressly inspired by clients’ feedback results in another version of successful structural engineering software
Herk-de-Stad, Belgium, (November 14, 2016) – SCIA, a global leader in structural design software supporting the BIM process, proudly announces the release of SCIA Engineer 16.1. This version includes numerous improvements and extensions namely in seismic analysis, code design, BIM and day-to-day practice.
“In this second release of the year we focused primarily on delivering added value for our maintenance clients. Most of the features and enhancements shipped in this version are based on their valuable feedback.”, says Hilde Sevens, CEO at SCIA. “These new capabilities further extend the applicability of our core product. We are really proud about the comprehensiveness of our solution for the design of multi-material buildings.”
Some of the improvements and additional features in this release include:
for European clients:
- Complete workflow for design of reinforced concrete beams, columns and ribs in accordance with the Eurocodes.
- Deeper integration of Section Check into the general design workflow.
- Fully code-compliant design of base plates including the strengthening effect of the concrete block.
- Analysis capabilities extended with addition of the seismic spectrum according to the latest Dutch Practice NPR 9998
- UK composite design reflecting recent studies and modern sheeting geometries.
for US customers:
- US composite design improvements, including web openings and other code specific provisions.
- Brand new solution for design of slabs and floors according to ACI 318-14.
- Integration of US-compliant equivalent lateral forces (ELF) method, including expanded support for ASCE 7-10 Chapter 12.
In this latest version SCIA continues its active promotion of Open BIM. The processing of extremely large IFC files has been optimised resulting in a dramatically faster import and significantly improved memory management. Furthermore, the Revit link in SCIA Engineer 16.1 is now compatible with Revit 2017 (build 297).
In addition to these highlighted features, SCIA Engineer 16.1 also brings dozens of improvements based on user feedback for day-to-day practice.
For more information on SCIA Engineer 16, or to download a FREE trial, please visit http://www.scia.net
Established in 1974, SCIA has become one of the world’s leading developers of structural design and analysis software that supports the Open BIM process. SCIA is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Nemetschek Group – a global leader in software that supports the Building Information Modelling (BIM) workflow. SCIA Engineer is an integrated, multi-material structural analysis and design software for a wide variety of projects. Its extensive range of functionality makes it suitable for all kinds of projects such as design office buildings, industrial plants and bridges, all within the same easy to use environment.
Attn. Mr. Cyril Heck
Industrieweg 1007, 3540 Herk-de-Stad (Belgium)
Tel.: (+32) 013 55.17.75