Concrete Corbel Design is a Design Form based calculation ready to be linked into SCIA Engineer. It serves for design and check of directly supported concrete corbel according to Eurocode 2 and implemented national annexes. The strut-and-tie model concept prescribed in EC2 is used for the analysis.
The concrete corbel is checked according to the regulations given in: Eurocode 2 Design of concrete structures Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings EN 1992-1-1:2004 (E). The conceptual framework according to article 5.6.4 of the code is involved, where the stress distribution in the discontinuity region of a concrete corbel is covered as strut-and-tie model (STM). The model consists of struts representing compressive stress fields, of ties representing the reinforcement, and of the connecting nodes. The forces in the elements of a strut-and-tie model is determined by maintaining the equilibrium with the applied loads in the ultimate limit state. The elements of strut-and-tie models is dimensioned according to the rules given in article 6.5.
Installation of the Corbel Design form to SCIA Engineer is as follows:
- Download the attached zip file with the sources
- Open SCIA Engineer application
- In the menu, go to Setup > Options
- In the dialog, go on tab Directories
- Find a path to directory for Open checks option
- Extract the content of zip file into this directory
- Open attached example 'Cobel_EN.esa'
- Run the liner analysis
- In the tree, go to Integrated Design Form > Check Manager
- Click on [New] and select CorbelDesign_SEN option
- Optionally update the settings of the form (like icon or category)
- In the tree, find the result service Corbel Design
- Select the command 1D member data
- Change the data there if necessary and applied the data on the corbel beam
- Select the command Corbel Design to execute the check on this member