How to use Storeys?
“Storeys” is a tool for better vertical orientation in the project. They are defined by separate levels. Each level is defined by name, height, selection, etc. You can find the Storey manager via Main tree > Line grid and storeys > Storeys:
The dialogue of the Storey manager contains a simple grid with a preview which is updated automatically as you fill in the data:
Storeys can provide results in all supporting members, with an easy selection of members per storey. Walls and columns may be present in the same drawing. The storey results can be found under Results > Storeys. Two types of storey results can be available:
Provides results directly produced by the IRS analysis. At this time, this service is dedicated to result output for the seismic analysis of buildings. It provides single results per storey, such as mass, position of mass centre, displacement, acceleration, etc.
Remark: These results are only available when the reduced modal analysis is enabled, and storeys are defined.
Provides results from the full mesh analysis. There are 2 types of results available in this service:
- Internal forces in supporting member
- Resulting forces
For resulting forces, the member grouping may be selected:
- By member: computes the resulting forces for each supporting member separately
- By storey: computes the resulting forces for each entire storey at once, combining 1D and 2D members
- Storeys are linked with the activity functionality, which means that you can display each level separately.
- In order to define storeys, you need to have module esa.06 and the project has to be defined in the XYZ environment.