Features and tools to facilitate parametric design in SCIA Engineer (1 day) This workshop is aiming to explain SCIA Engineer features that are useful when setting up a parametric design workflow using scripting languages like VBA, Python, Rhino Grasshopper, etc.
This training is intended for users that have a good knowledge of SCIA Engineer and that also have a good understanding of using a scripting language. During this training we will touch the features in SCIA Engineer that will help us setting up and running a parametric design workflow. The training will be based on small examples that highlight each of these SCIA Engineer features.
What knowledge will you acquire ?
Our trainer will guide you in understanding the various features inside SCIA Engineer that allow you to setup a parametric design workflow in a fast and effective manner.
- what is XML ? how does it work ?
- creating and analysing the content of an XML file
- what is SAF ? how does it work ?
- creating and analysing the content of a SAF file
- what is esa_xml ? how does it work ?
- using esa_xml to launch SCIA Engineer, open and modify a project, run the calculation, and export results
- how to create and use parameters in an esa project
- create an example and export the parameters to XML
SCIA Design Forms
- how to create and use a SCIA Design Form
- showcase of an example with SCIA Design Form results
- what is the API ? how does it work ?
- showcase of an example with the API using C#
The training is provided by an experienced engineer from the Customer Service Department of SCIA. To guarantee the interaction between the participants and the trainer, the course is given for a small group of up to 6 people.
Each participant will use the software and will put the different topics of the course immediately into practice. At the end of the training, you will have the necessary knowledge to use the parts discussed in an autonomous and efficient way.
This course is adapted to users that have a good understanding of SCIA Engineer and of a scripting language like vba, python, etc.