Modelling and analysis of steel tanks and other cylindrical shells
Steel tanks for various liquids and loose material are typical examples of practical use of cylindrical shells. Modelling of such shapes and definition of loads specific for these structures can be done very effectively, taking full advantage of numerous SCIA Engineer’s capabilities.
Watch this webinar and you will learn how to:
- create effectively a model of a cylindrical shell
- define easily specific loads such as fill and wind
- adjust the right finite element mesh size and local refinement
- perform stability and general plastic analysis
- design and optimise steel members
- prepare a clear report including indented tables and images
- create a template for similar future projects
About the presenter
Vladimir Pribramsky has been with SCIA for 3 years. In his current position of a Product Manager he is responsible for the graphical user interface, finite-element analyses, presentation of results and Engineering Report. Vladimir worked as a structural engineer for a few years after his master’s studies and he is currently co-lecturing at the Czech Technical University. He has also an extensive knowledge of automated software testing and quality assurance.