Steel connection design with SCIA Engineer 15
“God is in the details”: this saying is certainly very applicable to the case of steel structures.
Steel connections between members not only need to resist the loads they are subjected to, they also need to fulfil the stiffness assumptions of pinned, rigid or semi-rigid that were used during the initial structural analysis. A sound connection design will lead to performing structures that are also easy to build.
The Eurocode 3 (EN1993 Part 1-8) is based on a very powerful methodology to design connections, the “Component Method”. Yet powerful as it is, it becomes complex to apply without the help of appropriate software tools such as SCIA Engineer.
In this free webinar, our Customer Service Engineer Hamza Bachiri will show you:
- An overview of the different steel joints that can be solved
- How the steel joint design is fully integrated with the structural design
- The detailed calculation reports generated in full compliance with the EN1993-1-8
- The automatic creation of detailed connection drawings
- A solution based on plastic shell analysis for cases not covered by the code.
Join us for the webinar to learn the ins and outs of steel connections with SCIA Engineer 15 !