The launch of Scia Engineer release 2013 and the Scia Resource Center
In June, Scia is releasing the new version of its flagship product for engineering analysis and design.
A lot of new technology is bundled in this release:
- New Engineering Report, which is a powerful tool to generate engineering design documentation ; the report has many innovations, with facilities for large reports, composing tables with text, the new clipboard functionality, etc.
- Enhanced IFC export and import for open BIM interoperability; more design details are exchangeable, among others: foundations, connection details, reinforcement bars, tendons, ...
- Improved seismic analysis for high rise buildings with results per storey and easier generation of masses
- Concrete code check with integrated Design Forms, according to the NBR Brazilian code, and applicable as a custom check for other building codes
- New cross section characteristics calculation (including warping)
- New reinforcement charts
and many more exciting features. For detailed information go to 2013.scia-engineer.com
We also welcome the new Scia Resource Center!
We are pleased to present you a new digital source of technical information, the Scia Resource Center. This modern version of the printed catalogue brings along several innovations:
- Accessible through web on PC, Tablet and Smart phone
- Multimedia content (text, images, videos, …)
- Extensive content with the product catalogue and datasheets, project benchmarks, technical articles, user examples (user contest books) and more to come
- More products to come, starting with Scia Engineer and Scia Design Forms
In the future this new medium will be more interactive, by creating a two way communication between the reader and Scia.