This module allows you to define practical reinforcement for frame structures (beams and columns) and 2D members (plates and walls).
Practical reinforcement on 1D members
The module allows you to define anchorage details for longitudinal and shear reinforcement through bends and hooks. As two “independent” models of a structure are defined in SCIA Engineer (analysis model for input and calculation, and structural model for drawings), also the longitudinal and shear reinforcement can be displayed in two models;
- Analysis model of the reinforcement applies to checks according to national standards and in non-linear calculation of deformations or redistribution of internal forces in concrete beams and columns;
- Structural model of reinforcement makes it possible to create drawings and export and import the reinforcement into and from CAD systems. This reinforcement can be input manually, or it can be calculated automatically by SCIA Engineer.
The anchorage in the form of hooks and bends is defined always in the structural model and, therefore, is neglected in calculations and in checks. Its purpose is related exclusively to the display in the graphical window, document and drawings in SCIA Engineer and to the exchange of data with specialised programs for the preparation of drawings of reinforcement.
The anchorage can be defined for:
- Stirrups (shear and torsion);
- Longitudinal reinforcement (bending).
- The default properties of anchorage details can be adjusted separately for individual projects or globally for all projects;
- The anchorage can be displayed in a different colour than the reinforcement that is taken into account in calculations;
- The program is able to check the minimal anchorage length for stirrups in accordance with the specified national standard. If the anchorage length does not meet the stipulated conditions, the program modifies it accordingly;
- Individual anchorage properties can be parametrised. This feature makes it possible to prepare user templates;
- The anchorage length can be applied to both open and closed stirrups;
- The anchorage details are available for all types of cross-sections;
- You can choose the position of the anchorage on a stirrup;
- You can also automatically input reinforcement around openings.
Display modes for anchorage in the graphical window, document and drawings:
- 3D display style including the anchorage details;
- Drawing of individual reinforcement bars in a beam.
Practical reinforcement on 2D members
You can define the practical reinforcement layout in slabs and walls. You specify details such as the required diameters, cover and bar centres. Bars are then automatically inserted into the slab. The 3D graphical representation of reinforcement bars allows for an easy and user-friendly review of the locations and diameters of the bars. The reinforcement schemes are used in a calculation of the physical non-linear deflection of the plates and walls. The schemes can be defined as meshes, a set of bars or individual bars. The anchorage length can be set as well.
You define the reinforcement using the standard graphical tools of SCIA Engineer. You can also pick a mesh of bars from the system library of reinforcement meshes. The geometry can be defined via a table editor and directly.
The reinforcement bars are used in all ULS/SLS checks.