Which exceptions should I add to my antivirus?
Excluding SCIA Engineer from your antivirus software increases the performance and decreases the risk for corrupted data, files and errors due to the antivirus blocking the normal functioning of the software. This is the list of files & folders to exclude in the Antivirus software:
(1) Folders (and all it's subfolders):
- C:\Users\<login name>\ESA19.0
- C:\Users\<login name>\Documents\ESA19.0
(2) the most important (and most frequently used) executables are:
These executables reside in the installation folder of SCIA Engineer:
- v19.0: C:\Program Files (x86)\SCIA\Engineer19.0
- v19.0: C:\Program Files\SCIA\Engineer19.0
Remark: some customers exclude the complete installation folder of SCIA Engineer, because testing shows that this has a positive influence on the performance of the software.
Depending on the brand of the Antivirus, this increases the speed 3%-5%.